Jim McVicker Suggested Supply List
This is a list of the paints I use. Students may use whatever colors they they have currently on their palette or some or all of the colors I use listed below. I use mostly Windsor Newton and Rembrandt paints
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow Lemon
- Cadmium Yellow or Cad Yellow Light
- Naples Yellow
- Yellow Ocher
- Cadmium Red Light
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cerulean Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Transparent Oxide Red
- Kings Blue (Rembrandt)
- Cobalt Violet (Rembrandt)
- Jim uses Walnut Oil Alkyd Medium but Gamblin Galkyd or Liquin is fine.
- Odorless mineral spirits such as Turpenoid or Gamsol.
Note: If you will be traveling by air, you cannot bring mineral spirits, CVA will supply a thinner and safflower oil for cleaning brushes, etc.
- Flats or filberts sizes #4, #6, #8, #10 also a small round #4 or #6
Canvas, paper or panels
- 9×12 to 16×20 as the largest