Workshop Cancellation Policy and Participation Waiver
We commit to do our best to fill each class and workshop to capacity. In the event that there is a canceled class or an individual’s cancellation, we have a set of guidelines that we follow.
Refunds & Transfers
For 48 hours after payment is made, you can request a refund of your deposit in writing by contacting us at email@example.com. After 48 hours, all deposits and for classes and workshops are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you are unable to attend a workshop that you have paid-in-full, and you cancel with more than thirty (30) days notice before a scheduled workshop, you may request a refund of your fees, minus the non-refundable deposit. If you cancel within thirty (30) days of a scheduled workshop, you will forfeit your entire tuition. Registrations are not transferable to another person.
- If you agreed to be transferred into a rescheduled workshop that was postponed in 2020 due to COVID-19, you have also agreed to our refund policy stated above.
- COVID-19 Cancellations and rescheduled workshops: Fees from students who registered for 2020 workshops that were canceled or rescheduled are fully refundable. However, because of the financial situation we face, we would hope you choose to use your fees for another future workshop that better fits into your schedule. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your preference.
It is recommended that you purchase travel insurance, which can protect you by refunding monies paid if you need to cancel your trip due to an emergency. Travel insurance is very affordable and can protect you in other ways as well. To help you find the best pandemic travel insurance Forbes evaluated over 50 plans using data from Squaremouth, a travel insurance provider. Plans were scored based on:
- Coverage for trip cancellation and medical expenses due to COVID
- The level of those benefits
- Whether the plan also offers “cancel for any reason” coverage, which gives you the option to cancel and get some reimbursement no matter what the reason
A list of recommended insurance companies that offer this insurance is at https://www.squaremouth.com
Course Changes or Cancellations
Carmel Visual Arts reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule. If a class is canceled or an instructor is substituted, students may choose to receive a full refund or may transfer – with no fee – to another class or workshop. If CVA cancels for any reason, all payments can be refunded for the canceled days.
If CVA must postpone a workshop due to a pandemic, a new date will be chosen. All students will be informed and automatically transferred to the new workshop. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled workshop, a voucher will be given to use on another workshop of your choosing.
Registrant acknowledges that registration and participation is voluntary and that by registering for a workshop, class or event, that they are solely responsible for any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained on the premises or any location where any workshop, class or event is being conducted.
Unless informed otherwise, Carmel Visual Arts will consider photographs taken of students in the school and of their artwork to be permissible for publication in School informational publications, including the web.