Instructor: Angus Wilson
Media: Acrylic & Oil paint
Demo Night: Open to Public
THURSDAY, March 15, 6:30pm
• March 16–18, 2018 is full
• Nov 9–11, 2018 (Register Below)
Materials List <— download
Workshop is open to all levels of artist.
Angus Wilson will focus on simple rules and techniques to create more expressive looser painting. Angus will focus on techniques for breaking free from conventional styles and old habits. Encouraging simple and easy methods to create stunning artwork, opening the students up to more creative confident work. During the workshop Angus will teach using acrylics showing many aspects to painting, with a particular focus on color, simplifying composition, and the importance and power of dynamic ‘under painting.’
The workshop will be held on ‘still life’ painting, but ideas and methods learned in the class can apply to all painted subjects. The class will work in the studio from a number of arrangements. During the workshop painting exercises will be used as a method for teaching ideas and principles. These will include an approach for – ‘designing & re-imagining color choices’, and ‘creating energetic simplified brush work’ The workshop will focus primarily on Acrylic, but oil painting is also welcome. If the student wishes to work in another medium, please arrange directly before hand. Additional information on subjects covered in the workshop
- Composition – basic golden rules to better composition.
- Also learn how to break rules and methods to adapt a subject for a stronger composition.
- Color planning within a painting (using the power of under painting and complimentary colors) Many ‘traditional’ workshops and teaching gets bogged down in the complexities of color and paint, this isn’t strictly necessary for painting great paintings, find out why.
- Freeing up color – methods for adapting the colors in a subject to create a stronger painting
- Getting to know paint – Acrylic and oil. Ways to approach each medium
- Optionally to in interested students, Angus will explain and demo how he uses a computer, (or tablet), to plan a painting and make color choices.
- ‘Tricks’ and training
- Methods for finding a style that works for you
- Tricks to knowing a subject before you start painting
- Which do you do, ‘plan’ or ‘wing it’?… and why you should try the other one
Register for Angus’ November 2018 workshop Below