Per Elof Nilsson Ricklund Materials List
This is a very open materials list and should be viewed more as a list of suggestions of what materials one can use rather than as a must for the workshop. From these, see which ones you are interested in and want to explore the figure drawing with.
- Paper, toned, from off white to a mid tone.
- a hot-pressed paper, for example Fabriano och arches paper. A durable paper with some texture but not to much tooth. If you want to tone it you can do so with ink. (Just make sure to stretch it down first.)
- Or a already toned paper, from for example Stonehenge.
- And I’m sure there’s many more good papers one can find to try out.
- Charcoal – willow/compressed
- Black chalk – crayons or pencils
- Sanguine/red chalk
- White chalk
- Dry pastel
- White gouache/watercolor/tempera
- Ink – sepia or India ink.
- Smaller size watercolor brushes
- Pencils from 4h – 2B
- X-acto knife.