Instructor: Patti Mollica
Medium: Acrylic or Oils
Dates: April 26–28, 2019 (Fr–Su)
Class times: 9:00am–4:00pm
Level: All Levels
Class Limit: 15
If you feel that you are concentrating too much on small details at the expense of a bolder, more dramatic outcome, this step-by-step workshop will help you to learn what to paint and more importantly, what to leave out. You will practice using bigger brushes loaded with more paint. We will learn how to infuse paintings with unexpected color choices by working with simplified values and learning value matching. Paintings will get bolder and looser when the paint is applied in a gestural, painterly manner, with fewer more expressive strokes. Join us for targeted instruction and training—this workshop has been a “game-changer” for many students!
The workshop includes a full explanation of materials, methods and step-by-step painting process demonstration
You will learn and practice:
- how to DESIGN a value sketch as a “roadmap” to a
- how to simplify and see values clearly—so important!
- how to translate values into colors
- how to simplify—knowing what detail is important
- how to paint with fewer strokes for a bolder look
- how to work with more paint and bigger brushes
- how to keep colors clean and bright
- how to get energetic, gestural brushwork
- and much more…
To see more of Patti’s work, visit her website at: www.pattimollica.com and her blog at http://newyorkpainter.blogspot.com. Patti has authored 4 books on painting techniques and color theory. The workshop is open to both acrylic and oil painters.